Defend Social Progress Against the New US Militarization of Venezuela
Saturday March 27, 11.30am- 4.30pm (Registration from 11.00) at Bolivar Hall, 54 Grafton Way, London, W1T 5DL (Nearest tube: Warren Street.)
Register online today here
* Ambassador Samuel Moncada and other Venezuelan speakers
* Colin Burgon MP, Chair, Labour Friends of Venezuela
* Jeremy Corbyn MP
Vice-Chair, APPG on Latin America
* George Galloway MP
* Rod Stoneman, Executive Producer, The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
* Iain Bruce, Telesur Advisor & Journalist, Author, The Real Venezuela & former BBC Caracas Correspondent
* Diana Raby, Author, Democracy and Revolution
* Dr Francisco Dominguez, Head of Latin America Studies, Middlesex University
* Hugh O'Shaughnessy
* Bruce Kent
* Jennie Bremner, Unite the Union Assistant General Secretary and Venezuela Solidarity Committee Chair
* Moz Greenshields, UNISON NEC
* Karen Mitchell, Thompsons Solicitors
* Plus videos and messages from progressives from across Latin America
The Venezuelan Government has transformed the lives of millions through progressive policies in the last decade. Today, this progress is under threat from a US militarization of the region that is encircling the country, including an agreement between the US and Colombia concerning new military bases and the revival of the 4th fleet.
April marks the 8th anniversary of the temporarily successful coup against Chávez. The recent coup in Honduras, followed by the exposure of coup plots in Ecuador and Paraguay, has confirmed that right-wing forces are again seeking to roll back progress across Latin America; threatening peace, democracy and sovereignty.
International support is essential - this event is a great opportunity to learn more about developments and how we can build solidarity.